2009年5月3日星期日







1. Find a map of this region. Which provinces are in this region? (IF you don't know what your map is telling you, DO NOT WRITE I DONT KNOW! ASK me or a friend!)

know this is a map of Canadian Shield. And I think the red one is the Canadian Shield. Quebec\Ontarios\Territories are there.








2. Translate erosion. What is erosion? Explain in your own words.
侵蚀 Just damage somthing, uses some water or liquids.

3. Why do you think the climate of this region will vary? Explain in 3-5 sentences. Look at the map of this region and think about it.
I think it will be very cold. Because it is very closed to the ocean. But maybe it is not very stable, I think the climate there will not be very good.

4. The vegetation of this region is mostly boreal forest. What is special about a boreal forest? Explainin 3-5 sentences.
寒带森林 This kind of forest is very cold. And the trees there are very special! Maybe there are many pines. Because the pines don't fear cold.
5. Find a picture of the Canadian Shield. Explain why you like this picture in 3-5 sentences.
What a cool picture. It is very beautiful. I like the water fall best. And there are many trees. I really want to be there. Because I will feel comfortable there.






6.There is a lot of mining in this area. The Canadian shield is sometimes called a "mineral storehouse" because it has a lot of valuable minerals like lead, copper, gold, zinc and nickel.















7. If you were the owner of a mining company, why would you want to come to this area? Tell me at least 2 reasons.
This region is very beautiful. And there are some special plants. The water fall is very cool too. They combine together to make a beautiful picture.

1 条评论:

  1. 11/17

    Make sure to tell me which picture is for which question. I don't know if you answered the question or not.

    Remember the last question needs to be an OWNER of A MINING company. It is not just any company. Make sure your answer relates to your job.

    It is not just "Territories". It is the Northwest Territories.

    回复删除